American Indian fashion will take center stage at the annual Silver & Turquoise Ball, an event supporting Phoenix Indian Center. For the first time, it will take place virtually. The theme for event, which will be live streamed Fri., Oct. 16, from 7 to 8 p.m. PST, is Celebrating the Art of Native Fashion.
The event will feature:
- The work of Lloyd Kiva New (Cherokee), late fashion and textile designer, presented by founder of the international talent and model agency Ford Robert Black Agency and Scottsdale boutique owner Robert Black
- Patricia Michaels (Taos Pueblo), world-renowned fashion and textile designer and Project Runway season 11 finalist
- ACONAV, a couture fashion brand founded by Loren (Acoma Pueblo) and Valentina (Navajo) Aragon
- Chef Brian Yazzie, one of the founders/owners of Intertribal Foodways
- Robert Sarver, owner of the Phoenix Suns and recipient of the Phoenix Indian Center’s 2020 Leon Grant Spirit of Community Award
Registration for the Silver & Turquoise Ball is complimentary HERE.