Arizona Animal Welfare League raised more than $105,000 during its 22nd annual Walk to Save Animals on Nov. 7. Taking place virtually, the 2020 event surpassed goals to raise funds for homeless, sick and injured pets.
While activities took place from a social distance in 2020, Walk to Save Animals also occurred in full force online. Pre- and post-walk activities included:
- An online yoga warmup
- A kickoff with a conch shell blow
- The Doggie Dating Game, with four of AAWL’s most eligible adoptable dogs strutting their stuff for potential pet owners
- The Blessing of the Animals, bringing special energy to the dogs, cats and critters that make the work of AAWL and its donors worth it.
- The Virtual Alumni Parade, with AAWL adopters “parading” their AAWL alumni pets in a virtual video
- The Virtual Marketplace, selling sold pet products and services
Those who missed the event can still donate HERE.
PHOTOS COURTESY ARIZONA ANIMAL WELFARE LEAGUE