Every year since 2000, the Pantone Color Institute has chosen a color that reflects the current cultural climate. In the following year, the color has historically influenced trends in all facets of design — architecture, interior décor and fashion, as well as food, materials, travel, sports and technology.
This year, it’s Pantone 18-3838 ultra violet. A dramatically provocative purple shade, ultra violet communicates originality, ingenuity and visionary thinking.
- Gucci wool-silk dress, available at Saks Fifth Avenue, Biltmore Fashion Park and Neiman Marcus, Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Chanel Western silk scarf, available at Vintage by Misty
- Bulgari 18-kt yellow gold, amethyst and diamond ring, available at Betteridge Jewelers
- Gucci Caspar embroidered satin pump, available at Neiman Marcus, Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Sterling silver Fleur chain with amethyst gemstones, available at Oliver Smith Jewelers